Nov 25, 2011

Veena learns to swear from sex workers




Pakistani actor cum model Veena Malik is taking her filmy role seriously.

Set to play a sex-worker in director Rajiv Ruia’s Zindagi 50/50, Malik recently spent two days at Grant Road in a bid to get into the skin of her character. “I was introduced to that character on whose life the film is based. Ispent two days with her and her colleagues to get an insight into their life,” says Veena.

Zindagi 50/50 is the story of three girls—a sex-worker, a struggling actor and a slum dweller.

Veena was apparently offered the other two roles, but she insisted on playing the sex-worker. “Madhuri’s character instantly drew my interest. I thought this character would allow me to exhibit my acting caliber. I was told that it was not an imaginary character. I convinced Rajiv that I could do it,” recalls Veena,.

She adds that being around her subjects has helped her evolve as an actor. “If I hadn’t met them I would have portrayed barely 10 percent of their lives. I grasped their attitude, body language and the slangs they used. I heard their diction and learnt how they cussed others,” she reveals. Apart from Zindagi 50/50, Veena has shot an item number in Riteish Deshmukh-Genelia D’Souza starrer, Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya, which releases in February. She will also be seen in Daal Mein Kuchh Kala Hain, which she has completed shooting. “The other two that I have signed will go on floors next year,” adds Veena who will also have a swayamvar next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...
mini bollywood,minibollywood,news,games,Bollywood,Mini,Video,Music, latest bollywood,Poonam Pandey,Sunny Leone Hot Video,Sunny Leone,bollywood news in hindi,bollywood news,latest bollywood news,latest hindi songs,new bollywood movies,hindi bollywood news